Using git with Mule Studio
Git is pretty handy for managing source code, at Confluex we use it for some of our Mule ESB applications. Since Mule Studio doesn’t come with git support out of the box (at least up to version 1.3.2), here’s a quick guide to get you started.
Installing the necessary plugins
- First, under the Help pull-down menu, choose Install New Software…
- Choose the Eclipse Helios Update Site.
- Select the EGit and JGit plugins.
- Finish installing them.
Importing a project hosted on bitbucket
Since we keep our example code on bitbucket, this guide shows how to import a project hosted there.
- Under the File pull-down menu, choose Import…
- Under Select an import source choose Projects from Git.
- Push the Clone… button.
- On the project’s bitbucket page, copy the project’s git URL to your clipboard.
- Paste it into the Directory text box, and choose Finish
- Select which projects to import into your workspace, and you’re done.